21 April 2008

ACLU, You do some great work, but I don't agree this time.

The ACLU is an organization committed to preserving Human Rights for all, I don't always agree with some of their actions, but they always have my respect. Their recent stance and comments in regards to the raid on the Texas polygamist compound is a bit hard for me to swallow this time. These are not "Men of God" running that show down there, they are pedophiles.

I am a father first and foremost in my life, I have two fantastic daughters, one of them just turned 13. The thought of her being forced to marry some nasty old man or a cousin or anybody for that matter get's my jaws tight and my blood pressure rising.

This is the United States of America, let the children enjoy being children, grow up, meet Mr or Mrs Right and get married when they "see the skyrockets". Not when some child molesting "prophet" tells them it's time. Look at the whole history of Joseph Smith, it's pretty clear what got this whole thing started in the first place.

No comments: