13 May 2008

Movie Review of Speed Racer.

When that 3 o'clock bell used to ring in school, I like most of my friends would rush home to catch the double feature of Gilligans Island and Speed Racer. Gilligan came on first so sometimes we would hit the Tasty Freeze for a soft serve or slush and get home just in time to hear the ultimate theme song of Japans greatest cartoon ever, Speed "Freaking" Racer.

The recent big screen release of the Speed Racer movie can best be summed up with something my mom used to say to me, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".

Here is the REAL Speed.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Wachowski bros certainly put a lot of effort into making Speed Racer... but the movie overall looked and felt like a cross between anime, a kaleidoscope, that Flintstones movie, a video game and the Dukes of Hazard

My View and Thoughts said...

Patrick, you truly hit the nail on the old proverbial head. Fantastic !! I look forward to more from you.

Call Me Dan.