01 June 2008

Hot Dog Pizza?

Yes, that is correct. HOT DOG PIZZA!!!..

I have always been proud of my unique ability to create something delicious out of the "unusual" when pressed. Call me a "cook in the clutch".

I had a taste I couldn't quite put a finger on, not much in the fridge to get to wild with that wasn't frozen. I had no time to wait for a defrost either, my daughter "Zelda" and I were jonesin for some yum.

With half a jar of instant pizza sauce,half bag of mixed shredded cheese, I was off to a good start.(I throw out the green shreds ala R.J.) But what would bring it all together?

Bada Bing, Bada Boom, we had 2 hot dogs in the meat drawer.

Spread the sauce on 2 slices of bread, sprinkle some cheese, layer a few thinly sliced pieces of a Ball Park frank, (Remember, they do plump when you cookem, even if sliced), sprinkle a tad more cheese over the hot dogs, pop in the toaster oven for 3 min.

BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! That is a party in your mouth.

Don't forget to tell your friends where you heard it from.

No comments: