03 June 2008

Oh boy is this a "party in your mouth"


Ok, great new recipe for you all. My good friend Hulls who happens to be of Haitian descent turned me on to Plantains recently. (The yellow ones). So, he gave me some direction about preparing them on the grill and needless to say, I am hooked, these things rock.

But, as we all know, I like to escalate things a bit and take them to the next level, so, having been on a recent visit to our local Olive Oil Mill, I pulled a bottle of olive oil that has been infused with Vanilla Bean. (Yummmmmmmy).

Take the grilled plantains from the grill, slice diagonally, then drizzle the vanilla bean olive oil over the slice plantains, wait 30 seconds and DIG IN!!!

Thanks Hulls, you may Call Me Dan for infinity and beyond.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about a party in your mouth.. er yuck. However, I'm glad you got your west Indian on!!

-Hulls

My View and Thoughts said...

Oh yeah baby, I maybe sporting dreds before you know it.