07 March 2008

13 is one tough number.

For every married man out there, when your wife informs you that she is pregnant with your first child, a ton of new emotions and thoughts begin flooding that otherwise shallow male brain. 'I'm gonna be a daddy" "My son and I are getting season tickets to ?" etc, "We're going deer hunting", most men just assume that their "super seed" created a boy, an heir, their name will live on. Your testosterone levels explode and you have the next 20 years of Father and Son adventures already planned out. LOL.

I admit to all those and more, but when my first little bundle of joy came along and the Dr. said, "Here's your daughter", All that stuff just simply went away. However, a whole new rush of emotions and thoughts filled up my head about "Protecting my little girl" "Having tea parties", LOL. "Nobody is good enough for my little girl". It's amazing how fast you go from shooting a deer to attending tea parties and having your little girl paint your fingernails or put curlers in your hair. LOL.

I still remember the look on my buddies faces while we were suiting up for our Monday night basketball league, I pulled off my socks and there were my painted toes in all their glory. LOL.

I got to thinking about all of this as my little girl, my baby, my little princess is about to celebrate her 13th Birthday. 13! She becomes a teenager, a young "woman", oh boy, this is tough digest, VERY TOUGH!

She is currently planning her upcoming birthday party and reality punched me in the face when I realized that BOYS would be invited to this celebration. Boys at my little girls party? I was cool with it when the parties were held at Chuck E Cheese. But this is a bit different, kind of a milestone, turning point so to speak. I am not allowed to have much of a presence, I was told "no singing, no Elvis impersonations, no dancing, no telling jokes",

Bottom line is, I am supposed to "Be Seen Very Little, and NOT HEARD.

No comments: