24 March 2008

Is there a perfect sandwich?




I have always been very outspoken about my "Pursuit of the Perfect Sandwich". After years of searching, sampling and creating, I believe I have finally discovered exactly "What the Perfect Sandwich is".


For some people, it's as simple as peanut butter and jelly. Others may enjoy a ham and cheese on rye, some with mustard, some with mayo. (Try tossing a few Lays potato chips on any cold cut combo)


National chains like Subway, Quiznos, Mr. Goodcents, etc, spend millions of marketing dollars each year trying to convince you their latest creation is the answer to your sandwich dreams. Then they only make it available for 30 days, hmmmm. It's all good though.


The privately owned sandwich shops are a little more to my liking, they tend to be a buck or two more a sandwich, but the quality is better and they usually have some very creative names for their arterie clogging creations that we love so much.


So, at the end of the day, what I feel is the "Perfect Sandwich", is the sandwich you are eating right now. The sandwich you want right then and there. What is it? Mayo? Lettuce? Cheese or no cheese? The perfect sandwich can vary from day to day and that is a very beautiful thing. Variety!!


I will make one thing perfectly clear, I do not tolerate bigotry among the cold cuts!! If you are an Anti-Bologna-ite, or feel Liverwurst is beneath you, keep your unkind words to your self please.


I will be rolling out a new sandwich blog with some of my favorites as well as new discoveries, stay tuned.


Until we meet again, keep the mustard chilled, the pickles sliced and never forget, you may Call me Dan.

No comments: