20 March 2008

Interesting thing happened on the way to ..........

I ran up to the grocery store yesterday to grab a few things and cash in a lottery ticket. My parents were visiting recently and purchased a few daily tickets, well they got home and one of them hit for 80 bones. So they mailed it back and said give the $$ to Zelda and Moonbeam (Their grandaughters, my daughters), so I cashed it in, put a few things in the cart and headed to the checkout.

There was a nice looking young woman who obviously had small kids based on the items she was purchasing, when the checker told her the bill was 52 bux and change, she suddenly realized she had taken her wallet out of her purse and did NOT have her debit card. Ruh roh Shaggy.

She started digging frantically in her purse and pulled out a handful of cash, but was $9 and change short. So, seemed like a no brainer to me, I tossed her a $10 and said Merry Christmas.

She was very grateful, and just very nice in general as she tried to get my address to pay me back. After I FINALLY convinced her I didn't want the money back, she gave me a hug and walked away.

I was telling this story to a friend and they chuckled and called me one of the "All time great suckers". Hmm. I tend to disagree.

I kind of feel bad for my friend that their view was, "I am a sucker".

I may be a sucker, but you can still Call Me Dan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not a sucker. Sometimes its just nice to be nice!