05 March 2008

No More Labels.

I had a conversation with my friend Bob a couple of months ago when he was visiting and it just sort of sank in today while I was having another talk with a different friend. It sort of centered around that one topic that is even more taboo to discuss than politics, "RELIGION".

If one more person refers to another human being as a "Catholic, Mormon, Jewish, Baptist, etc.", I am gonna burst. What happened to just being a "person"? What happened to just being the "next door neighbor"? What happened to just being "my friend"?

I am not anti-religion at all, I firmly believe in faith. Faith is what get's us through the day, week, month, life, etc. Faith is a great thing.

Catholic, Mormon, Jewish, Baptist, etc, are just labels. No more labels for me and I refuse to say them or hear them.

I am in the "Human Being Business".

Thank you Bob for making one helluva good point.

You can Call Me Dan, but you can never call me a ...............................

No comments: