14 February 2008

Baseball,Steroids,Congress,Elections,War in Iraq

I took a few minutes yesterday to watch Roger Clemens on CNN regarding the whole steroid / HGH issue and a question comes to mind.

1. With a war going on in the Middle East and a major election coming this year, should Congressional leaders be policing baseball or should the commissioners office be handling this? Or did I just answer my own question?

Don't misinterpret my words, I am completely in favor of "outing" the users and abusers of the game. Too many kids are trying to emulate their heroes of the game and that's just not good for anyone.

But, should we be spending tax dollars to hold these hearings which seem more like a campaign grandstand for these guys? If criminal activity is occurring, shouldn't the authorities in their area be handling these matters? If federal crimes are committed, bring in the FBI.

Just a thought.

No comments: