26 February 2008

The Day the music died? Not really, but it was a great loss.

Have you ever wondered what Buddy Holly may have accomplished musically had he lived? You may think I am crazy but I think he may have crossed alot of the same lines between different genres that Kid Rock has done with Rap, Hip hop, Country, and Rock.

Crazy? You have to remember, Buddy Holly was bit of a rebel. Even though Elvis brought the world to it's knees with his "black sound" (LOL, that one still kills me whenever I hear or read it, not exactly a statement about the open minded mentality of the time.) Buddy Holly was not only a singer, but this guy was a composer and producer. I truly think the ultimate studio session would have been Buddy Holly and Brian Wilson bumping into each other and laying down some tracks that would have made history. There is some real food for thought.

I think Mr. Holly would have really pushed the envelope.

But, the music didn't die with Buddy Holly and I just don't agree with those lyrics. The music suffered a huge loss when he died, but the music did play on through the inspiration his legacy provided to so many great artists.

If you knew.......................

No comments: